Sunday 9 April 2017

April card and mantra

Star Tarot by Cathy McClelland
The major card for April 2017 is Temperance, and the mantra for Temperance (according to my own system) is Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung. This mantra was taught by Yogi Bhajan in the summer of 1973, and is chanted by kundalini yoga practitioners, and others. It is considered a sacred healing meditation for the self and others.

Ra - Sun
Ma - Moon
Da - Earth
Sa - Impersonal infinity
Sa say - Totality of infinity
So - Personal sense of merger and identity
Hung - The infinite, vibrating and real

It is often translated: 'Sun, Moon, Earth, Infinity, Totality of Infinity, I am thou (or I am that)'.




The above is a lovely rendition with photographs to help get you in the mood to contemplate the meaning. It's not my favourite version for chanting though. My favourite is by Mantra Girl (Erin Kamler) from her album, 'Truth'. However, it's not on You Tube.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here: